Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All Through the Night

Well, jack finally slept through the night again for the first time in about a week and a half. I woke a few times during the night wondering why I hadn’t heard him yet and getting a little paranoid. At about 5:00 am, I went and checked on him. His arms had come out of the swaddle, but he was still asleep…and breathing, which always makes me happy. I had put him in a long sleeve onesie last night which I haven’t done for the past couple of weeks because it had been warmer outside (and so I was just leaving him in his bodysuits), but it has been a little cooler here in the ATL the last couple of days and so I thought a long sleeve would be good. I am wondering if that did the trick. Maybe he just needed to be a little more warm and snuggly? I will put him in a long sleeve tonight as well and see how he does. Hopefully, he stays asleep!


Here is Jack. He is now four months old and I just can’t believe how much he has changed since he came into this world. He is really more aware of everything, much more talkative as time goes on, and less fussy than he used to be. He also has now learned to roll from his tummy to his back. We practiced a lot this past weekend and now, when we put him on his tummy, all he wants to do is roll over. I cannot believe how fast they learn! It’s a good thing, but not in a way because he still needs his tummy time, but it’s much harder to keep him on his tummy. I think we created a little rolling monster (although he has yet to master going from his back to his tummy yet, but we are getting there).






People told me that it does get easier and I find that with each passing day, it truly does. Except for a few bad weeks (due to some gassiness issues back in the first and second month), he really has been a great and easy baby. We are very lucky.

Now, on to my reality tv addition. Monday night, it was the Bachelorette. Last night, it was American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.





American Idol: I think that Kris did the best in his first two songs, but kind of botched the third song (although I don’t know who would have done well with that song…I wasn’t so fond of it and it didn’t fit either Kris or Adam’s style). I do think that Adam was better on the third song. I like both of them, but I think that Adam is more Broadway than mainstream. I think that he would do well in theatre and, as my husband and I decided last night, will be really big in places like Germany and Japan. I think that Kris would be more popular on current radio though and therefore, I think he should win. I don’t think he will win though. I think Adam has been pushed as the American Idol from pretty early on and that he will take the crown.



Dancing with the Stars: Gilles was robbed!!! While Shawn Johnson is a great dancer, Gilles definitely deserved the crown. Throughout the whole season, he has been consistently great and displayed a passion in his dancing that the others just didn’t. I was disappointed that he didn’t win…but I guess I will survive.

No comments: