Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What You Have Taught Me

Jack,
While only a mom for a short time at this point, you have taught me so much. Today, let me tell you one of the things you have taught me that I have really needed to learn (daddy would say this especially):
Patience
Having a baby makes you follow somebody else's time. While I am proud of the schedule that I have you on (and how well you follow it), I have learned that things will not always go the way that I want them to when I want them to and other things can wait. You and your needs come first. Life, while more busy on the one hand, moves more slowly with you in it. I am the type to do everything fast...talking, walking, driving and so on... Because I cannot do that with you, I am learning that it's not necessary for things to get done NOW. The house may get messy every day (which would normally drive me nuts), but I am learning to deal with that more and more every day. Who cares if the house is messy...who cares if somebody in front of me is not driving as fast as I want them to and I cannot get to my destination as quickly...none of it matters. What matters is you! Now, I am not saying that I am perfect. There are still times where I am impatient. But, I am learning thanks to you!

No comments: