Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dining Room



This is the first time I am participating in Kellys Korner Show us where you live Friday. I love getting to see how everyone decorates their place and it gives me some great ideas for my own home!

Now, both my dining room and living room are works in progress (and it's very slow progress), but here is the dining room:





This is the view looking in from the living room. We painted the walls a pretty olive green a while back and I think it's a great color. What's not great is the dining room table. This table is left over from my husband's bachelor days. I cannot believe that in the almost four years since I moved in with him that we have not replaced it. It's got an 80's feel to it and while it's comfortable and fine for eating, I just don't think that it works. I look at dining room tables a lot and the problem is that I am indecisive. I see ones that I like but never bite the bullet and get it because I am afraid I won't like it once I put it in there. Something we have also been debating for a while is whether or not to pull out the carpet and put in wood floors. I think it would look much nicer with wood. It's something we might do in the future.





I am trying to look for a new table that has a wood tone that would coordinate well with the wall colors. I love cherry tables, but just don't think they would look quite right in this space. I am wondering if maybe a deep mahogany color might work well. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.



I told myself when I set the tabletop decorations up that I would change them each season, but have yet to do so. It's spring/summer time. I need to lighten up the colors. I would like to keep the pine cones in though. I buy these cinnamon scented pine cones to put in here and they make the room smell nicer.




We found this light at Home Depot on a night after we had gone to a Mexican place that serves really strong Margaritas. I don't know why I remember that. I was a little tipsy though and I remember us going in and seeing it and picking it out really quickly.






I am not sure where this wall hanging/picture came from. My husband had it somewhere and we thought that it worked nicely with the wall color.






This is the view from the dining room out into the backyard. We used to have curtains here, but have yet to hang them back up. It's such a nice window to look out of. This is the only window in the room though and I wish we had more. I love dining rooms that have a lot of windows and light and ours is just not one of them.



This is the view from the dining room into the living room. I said it was a work in progress. There are toys all over the place as well as my husbands technical equipment. We recently purchased a giant flat screen for over the mantle, but haven't hid all of the cords and such yet. This past weekend, we just bought a unit to hold all of that stuff.

Well,, there you have it. My dining room. It definitely needs work and if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears!


No comments: