Friday, May 29, 2009

Nursery

So, it's time for another addition of Show Us Where You Live Friday from over at Kellys Korner Blog and this time it's the nursery.

The theme of our nursery is a safari/jungle theme. We decided to keep everything pretty neutral even though we knew Jack was going to be a boy because we already have another blue room in the house and I didn't think I could take another. Plus, because we kept it neutral, this room can easily be changed when Jack is older.



This is a DaVinci Emily crib. I love it! It's a beautiful color and is constructed very well. The only complaint is that it scratches pretty easily, but I had read about that before purchasing, so it wasn't a surprise.



We did not buy a coordinated dresser/room set for the nursery and instead decided to keep some of what was already in the room (a dresser and armoire) since they were in good shape and it was the cost effective way to go. I don't like that everything is not perfectly matched, but I would prefer to buy a coordinating set when Jack is older anyways, so we will wait until then.
I keep a lot of Jack's stuff in this armoire. Diapers, wipes, wash and burp cloths, bibs, toys, etc... Didn't want to include a picture right now of the inside because I need to clean it up, but it's great to have in the room and to be able to stick everything in there.
The blanket, mobile and wall hangings are part of a safari themed set from Babies R Us. I love the animals and Jack loves them too. I always tell him that the little animals on the mobile are watching over him and protecting him when he sleeps.




The picture on the nightstand was from my work baby shower. Everyone signed it, but I have yet to put one of Jack's pictures in it. I haven't put a picture of his feet in the little feet frame that I have either. I am bad at getting to organizing my pictures and putting them where they need to be.



Lastly, here is Jack playing in his activity center. He's definitely the cutest thing in the nursery!!!

No comments: