Monday, June 1, 2009

I saw this story on the news this morning about parents/family members being removed from a graduation ceremony for clapping and/or cheering after a graduate's name was called. Apparently, everyone at the beginning of the ceremony is told to hold their applause until the end so that all of the names can be called and heard. Some did not do this and they were removed by police officers. Come on folks. Really? They are proud family members. I remember from going to my siblings graduation and from my own high school graduation, that this is one of the best parts. I never minded family cheering for the graduates. I think removing people goes a little too far. Just turn the microphone up louder, or wait until the cheers die down, or, just deal with it. It doesn't hurt anybody. I think some "rules" are just plain ridiculous! I know that when Jack graduates from elementary, middle, high school, or college, I will be cheering and whooping it up and doing everything I can to celebrate (and embarrass him as my parents did me). Let's see them try and remove me!!!

No comments: