Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello My Old Friend

For the past week or so, I have not been feeling that well. It's not a cold, or the flu, or anything of the sort. It's women "issues". For the first time since I was pregnant with Jack, I have real PMS symptoms. Blah. I guess for the past few months after Jack, my body was adjusting and getting back to normal and now it is back to normal. Normal sucks! It was nice not having to deal with the pain, the moodiness (and you can verify the moodiness with my husband), the bloating, etc... I realized that something that is probably making it worse is that fact that I rarely work out since I had Jack. Before Jack, I used to work out (either fast walking or slow jogging) at least 4-5 times a week and that always helped my body feel better. A couple of days ago, I decided to re-join the gym at my work and am going to commit to working out at least three days a week there (starting next week). I will have to go in before work and leave the house by about 5:45 am, which I am not looking forward to, but it's the only time that I have that will work. I will probably start off with something not so strenuous, but my goal is to work up a real sweat during every workout. In the past, even when I jogged, I rarely sweat and I rarely was out of breath. Whatever I was doing still kept my body in shape, but it didn't feel like I was pushing myself. It was either that, or I was just in better shape than I thought, so what I was doing didn't really exert much effort.

Hopefully, I will stick to the workouts and next month, the women "issues" will not rear their ugly head so much!

Are any other women dealing with the onset of this after recently having a baby? Do you find that working out helps???

No comments: