Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Buys

My husband and I each gave one another a day off from parenting this past weekend; he took Saturday and went over a friends house to do boy stuff and I took Sunday and did girl stuff...which means shopping.

I have to say, I am not a shopper. I am cheap (everyone always tells me to use the term frugal, but really, I am cheap). I rarely buy anything for myself and when I do, it's inexpensive. It's the way that I have always been, even if I have the money for things. While some people might think being cheap is a bad thing, I'm glad it's a trait of mine (and so is my husband...he's the same way). Occasionaly, I do find items that I want that are inexpensive and so I "splurge" (although splurge for me is not what it means for others). I bought a few things this weekend without spending much money, which I'm happy about.


I got this cute dress from Dots for only $16. I like it because I can wear it for work and on the weekends. It's really comfortable and has a summer-y feel to it.


Here is a perfect example of my cheapness. See the flip flops on the left...I have had those for years...years people. You can see in the picture that they have teeth marks (from my dog chewing on them) and they are ragged and falling apart. But hey, they served their purpose and they were very inexpensive. Well, finally yesterday, I purchased a new pair of flip flops...for only $6! But, I realized that cheap doesn't always cut it. I have only worn them for a very short period of time and they are pretty terrible. They kind of slip off my feet as I am walking and have almost made me trip a couple of times. I don't know if they will become comfortable or not, but I'm thinking that I just wasted $6.


This skirt was only $12. It's got a lot of color, which I like since I can wear it with a variety of shirts. I tend only to buy skirts that have this feature (which usually means I buy black...since it matches eveything).



I found these frames on clearance at Kohl's (less than $5 a piece). I couldn't say no. They had a ton of frames on clearance and so it was sort of hard for me to stop at just these two, but hey, I'm cheap, so I did.

No comments: